Thursday, September 13, 2012

Death

I saw a corpse today.
I fear I will cry today,
So I pretend I never knew him
and turn away from blood and twisted limbs.

I hear people crying today.
I don't feel like crying today,
So I draw my curtains and call his mourners lucky,
for I never saw my best friend's body.

I see people dying everyday, little by little,
With them I die too, little by little,
Yet I cradle false hopes and shattered dreams,
And on lonesome nights I let them dream.

I smell conspiracies today,
I seek meaning of life and death today,
Does it really matter? Would he be little less dead
if I did know, I ask, or would he become undead.

Today I hear, "Was he sad?. Was he a little mad?"
"My My. Such an unfortunate lad".
But I say, Mourn him today, mourn him tomorrow, until you can no longer,
For life is short, oblivion longer.

--
Nipun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this poem!